Vacancy: Learning Facilitator (TA Role C)
To Start ASAP
NJC Scale 5 , 32.5 hours per week (8am – 3.30pm) Term Time only
(work 39, paid 46.2 weeks per year)
A Learning Facilitator is required to support the work of the Lead Learning Facilitator.
The key additional responsibilities of the role will include:
- To deploy TAs to support students in class/small groups and one to one interventions.
- Line manage the Cognition and Learning Team.
- To raise standards and quality assure the support given to students; with guidance from the SENCo.
- To plan and timetable interventions using SOW, resources, intervention records/tracking and monitoring sheets on the shared area (with support of teachers, SENCo and external professionals).
- To provide initial draft of individual costed provision tables for CL students – with the support of the SENCo.
- To communicate with parents and other stakeholders (1 lesson daily).
- To complete the first draft AR3 documentation for CL students.
- To attend/lead team briefings and department meetings – sharing information and best practice.
- To respond to Student Support requests in an effective and timely manner.
- To liaise with Year Offices for CL with attendance issues – log and feedback to SENCo.
If you are interested in applying for this role please complete and return an application form by the closing date (CVs alone will not be considered)
Closing date: 7th January 2019 (12.00 noon)
Interview date: Week commencing 14th January 2019
Blatchington Mill School is committed to safeguarding our students; we expect all staff and volunteers to support this commitment. Criminal record checks will be carried out and a full, enhanced DBS clearance is required for all positions.
Applications are encouraged from black and ethnic minority candidates, as these groups are under-represented on the school's staff.
(Race Relations Act sections 35-38 apply).
INFORMATION & FORMS
How to Apply
Unless otherwise stated, please return your completed application form by noon on the closing date to:
Head Teacher's PA,
Blatchington Mill School & Sixth Form College,
Tel: 01273 736244
Fax: 01273 739615