Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (Permanent)
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Teaching Assistant BESD (Level C) - Permanent
NJC Scale 5, 13 hours per week (2 days), Term Time only
(work 39, paid 46.94 weeks per year)
SCP 12-17 - Actual salary range £6,847 - £7,559
To Start ASAP
Working under guidance from the Designated Safeguarding Lead, provide support in addressing the needs of pupils who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning. There will be a specific focus on providing support to pupils in need of child protection, Children in Care and those facing behavioural, emotional and social difficulties.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining, overview and upkeep of CPOMS software including liaison with the parent company where needed, staff training on CPOMS usage and twice yearly spot-check audits
- Attendance at CIN, CP, Strategy, Network meetings for students linked to CP issues
- Communication with outside agencies including those coming in for staff and student training (e.g. RISE)
- Organisation (but not running) of small groups where necessary on safeguarding e.g. risky behaviours group (running of these groups is done by outside agencies)
- Contact with linked external agencies including social workers, police etc.
- Promotion of safe behaviours in school to students
- Delivery of some staff training
- Advice and guidance for YOs re CP issues
If you are interested in applying for this role please complete and return an application form by the closing date (CVs alone will not be considered).
Please return your completed application form to Amanda Brasington, PA to Head Teacher, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 2nd March 2020 (12.00 noon)
Interview date: Week commencing 9th March 2020
The school reserves the right to interview suitable candidates in advance of interview dates where appropriate. Applications will be considered as soon as they are received, with a view to an early interview.
Blatchington Mill School is committed to safeguarding our students; we expect all staff and volunteers to support this commitment. Criminal record checks will be carried out and a full, enhanced DBS clearance is required for all positions.
Applications are encouraged from black and ethnic minority candidates, as these groups are under-represented on the school's staff.
(Race Relations Act sections 35-38 apply).