Vacancy: Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (Permanent)
Teaching Assistant BESD (Level C)
Term Time only (paid 46.2 weeks per year)
Restructured NJC from April 2019 SCP 12-17 (Previously NJC 5 SCP 22-25)
Working under guidance from the Designated Safeguarding Lead and alongside the existing Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead, provide support in addressing the needs of pupils who require particular help to overcome barriers to learning. There will be a specific focus on providing support to pupils in need of child protection, Children in Care and those facing behavioural, emotional and social difficulties.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining, overview and upkeep of CPOMS software including liaison with the parent company where needed, staff training on CPOMS usage and twice yearly spot-check audits.
- Attendance at CIN, CP, Strategy, Network meetings for students linked to CP issues.
- Communication with outside agencies including those coming in for staff and student training (e.g. RISE).
- Organisation (but not running) of small groups where necessary on safeguarding e.g. risky behaviours group (running of these groups is done by outside agencies).
- Contact with linked external agencies including social workers, police etc.
- Promotion of safe behaviours in school to students.
- Delivery of some staff training.
- Advice and guidance for YOs re CP issues.
If you are interested in applying for this role please complete and return an application form by the closing date (CVs alone will not be considered):
Closing date: Monday, 18th March 2019 – 12.00 noon
Interview date: Week commencing 25th March 2019
Blatchington Mill School is committed to safeguarding our students; we expect all staff and volunteers to support this commitment. Criminal record checks will be carried out and a full, enhanced DBS clearance is required for all positions.
Applications are encouraged from black and ethnic minority candidates, as these groups are under-represented on the school's staff.
(Race Relations Act sections 35-38 apply).
INFORMATION & FORMS
How to Apply
Unless otherwise stated, please return your completed application form by noon on the closing date to:
Head Teacher's PA,
Blatchington Mill School & Sixth Form College,
Tel: 01273 736244
Fax: 01273 739615