Blatchington Mill School and Sixth Form College was formed in 1979 from the amalgamation of Hove Grammar School for Boys, Knoll Boys School, and Nevill County Secondary School. See more about former students of these schools.
See photographs of the Nevill School Reunion at Blatchington Mill School on 6th September 2008
The West Blatchington windmill is situated just outside the school gates.
The earliest pictorial record of it is a pen and ink sketch by John Constable in 1825.
The windmill is a "smock" windmill. The name was given to this design of wooden tower mills which resembled the smock frocks worn by the millers of the period. It has six sides (they normally have eight) and is clad in cedar boarding.
The mill ceased working around 1900 and is now restored and a Grade II listed building.
If you would like to pay a visit, the mill is open on Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays 2.30-5.00pm from May to September inclusive.
More information on the mill is available from the Sussex Mills Group.